Off-Site Social Media
Do I Need Social Media Activity to Rank on Google?
Yes. Once you have completed all your onsite content development, your offsite link building and SEO, you will need some activity on social media. Google now views social interactions coming from offsite locations as an indicator of a site's value and authority. Search algorithms actually use social engagements as a signal.
Social interactions play an integral role in your pages' search rankings and form part of your off-page SEO. You can evaluate the quality of your website and its content through social shares, engagements, and referral traffic from offsite social interactions. Google values high-quality content and uses social interactions as a ranking factor.
When many people are talking about your website and engaging with your social content, Google sees it as a signal indicating how valuable and useful your website is. Aside from blog posts with internal links and external links, your content team should be producing relevant, useful social media posts that will help increase your search engine ranking.
Social media marketing is no longer a mere nice-to-have marketing channel but a pivotal element in your search engine optimization process.
Which Social Media Platforms Will Benefit My Search Ranking?
There are many social media channels to choose from. We suggest using platforms that are established, reliable, and used by many people. Consider which platforms your audience will frequent. You can also consider what people are saying on these platforms and which type of businesses have a social media presence on the channels you are considering.
How to Do Search Engine Optimisation Using Social Interactions
- Create and maintain social media profiles and social media accounts on all the social channels relevant to your brand. These can include Tik Tok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and more.
- Create valuable content that is original, relevant, and useful to your audience to share across all platforms.
- Submit your articles to leading article directories.
- Include search terms in your social posts and content. Your social content should form part of SEO strategy to help you rank in organic search.
- Use social for link building by linking to your own website in the social content you produce. A great way to get natural links leading to your site from social posts is to share inbound links to your blog posts in social posts.
- Grow your Twitter followers and Facebook fan bases. The larger your follower base, the more expansive your reach.