Indulge in sweetness with Sugarlean & satisfy your sweet tooth craving without the guilt! All of our products are gluten free, low in carbohydrates and sugar free!
Sugarless, as a brand with no online sales, no website, and no social media following wants to build an audience, make lots of sales, go viral, and get into more stores without spending a lot of money. The brand is in a few select stores, but no in-store marketing is being done.
Using careful strategy, alluring imagery, and accurate targeting, we built an engagement-focused strategy to take the brand from 0 to success. Over the course of two years, we:
- Created their Facebook and Instagram Profiles.
- Built and grew a strong and loyal online audience with a low budget.
- Designed their website.
- Designed packaging for their products.
- Created content with a high virality rate.
- Managed their online communities.
- Ran competitions, specials, and sales.
- Made the brand popular online.
- Roped in a large number of sales with a limited budget using only social media, SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), and AdWords.
- Built brand affinity and trust with the audience for a more loyal fanbase.
- Brought the brand to strong chains of physical retail stores like Dis-chem and more.
- Transitioned the brand from Sugarless to Sugarlean successfully without losing any following or sales.
- Designed packaging for the new brand.
- Messaging that speaks to consumer’s needs: o Fitness – exercise and reward yourself with low sugar, low carb treats. o Health – Enjoy sweets with no guilt because they are low carb and sugar free. o Gluten Free – Enjoy snacks without gluten for those in gluten intolerance audience.
- Gorgeous & delicious imagery that conveys a clear message.
- Targeting: Male and female audiences of a broad age range of 18 – 65. Audiences adapted on an advert-by-advert basis to optimise the success of each advert.
- Channels: Facebook, Instagram, SEO, and Google AdWords.
1. Building an Audience.
Facebook Page Likes
We started the Sugarless Facebook Page in April 2017 and grew the page from 31 followers to 6,415 followers in just one month with a R2500 likes campaign. Along with the likes campaign, our social media advertising kicked off with boosted posts aimed at brand awareness and engagement. By February 2018, the audience had grown to 52,326 loyal fans, with a total of 86,376 new likes by end 2018.Community Management
Our community management team engaged with users to answer questions, have fun, and give people access to information about the product and where to find it. This resulted in high levels of engagement and an increased affinity for and trust in the brand.Increased Affinity
We loved observing loyal fans, booting trolls or defending the brand when someone complained about the price or that they couldn’t find it in their nearest store. This intense loyalty is one of the great successes seen in this case study.
Page Likes May 2017
Page Likes February 2018
Average Monthly Reach: 150,000 – 300,000
Average Cost per Like: R1.34
2. Increasing Sales:SEO and AdWords
By January 2018, organic traffic had increased by 203% and goal conversions had gone up 137%. SEO traffic increased by a further 298.55% within a year. Goal completions also increased by 304.69% to 256 goals recorded per month. Within a year, organic traffic had increased by another 185.37% to 2477 clicks.
Client received a more than 300% increase in sales when comparing before and after our digital marketing solutions.Black Friday Test Case
In 2017, our Black Friday special brought in 947 link clicks on Facebook in just one day at a cost of just R2 per click. The average cost per link click on Black Friday in 2017 for food related items was around R10.
The client sold out on several popular products and the website was flooded with users. So much so, that our technical team worked throughout the day to keep the site up and help customers troubleshoot where needed.
3. Creative Snapshot:With creative content targeting carefully chosen audiences and speaking to their desires and needs, our content gained high virality rates and high engagement rates.
Average Cost per Engagement: R0.23 (lowest R0.02 per result)
Average Reach Per Post for an Average Spend of R300 in a Week: 8400